Being aware of our daily thoughts and taking time to appreciate moments throughout the day, whether big or small, has become a large part of our routine. By incorporating this habit into our daily lives, it’s allowed us to be present and mindful about all aspects of our day, ensuring we listen and react accordingly to thoughts and conversations. As this has been such a positive change for us, we wanted to go into a little more detail of how we consciously integrated mindfulness into our lives.
In the chaos of everyday life it can be difficult for most people to switch off and/or consciously be present in daily tasks and conversations. If you were anything like us, you will find yourself managing your never ending to-do list without taking a break and feeling like you’re more productive because of it. The truth is, you’re not! Instead you’re actually impacting your productivity, mindset and wellbeing.
Since implementing mindful moments, we’ve created a life of balance and can now happily achieve daily tasks without being stressed, overworked and/or mentally drained. We are now able to be present, more productive and feel-good in our bodies, all whilst achieving more than we ever were in our previous headspace. Most importantly, we have not only created a better relationship with ourselves, but with those we work with and love.
So how can you incorporate a mindful moment into your daily routine?
- Take time every morning to write down or say what you’re grateful for.
- Create a to-do list with 3 top priorities to achieve.
- When you feel negative about a situation, find a positive.
- Schedule daily breaks and take them.
- Close your eyes and breathe through any overwhelming thoughts.
- Get outside and go for a walk, fresh air always helps.
- Learn and/or make time to meditate.
Any time you feel disconnected, overwhelmed or simply need a little mood booster, refer to the list above and choose a mindful moment technique. These small changes will help you appreciate what’s important and bring you back to the present and over time will become less of a technique and instead a natural habit and part of your daily routine.
Ready to take action? We suggest these next steps:
- Write down how you currently feel. Ask yourself what is worrying you? What don’t you have time for today? What can you do to feel happier?
- Choose some mindful moment techniques from above that will help you work through any negative feelings.
- Think about how you feel after taking a mindful moment? Do you feel happier? More positive about the day ahead? Or do you feel unsure? Maybe even guilty that you let yourself take time away from your busy schedule? That’s okay, continue to make small changes daily and you will soon find a good balance. Remember the best thing you can do for yourself and others, is to make time for YOU!
For more lifestyle and business resources, sign up to our Lifestyle Collection, you’ll gain FREE access to our ever growing collection of eBooks, printables, guides, checklists and various digital downloads to help you take action and transform your personal, work and home life.
Looking for a more tailored solution to your lifestyle and/or business?
Check out our services here to find out how we can help you.
Ash + Lauren